As we get older we begin to suffer from a lot of issues and one of those is hair loss. Nobody wants to lose their hair but it is, unfortunately, something that happens to all of us, especially men. A receding hairline is one of the first signs that you may be receding and this can be a horrible thing to actualize when you are a younger individual. Hair loss can leave many men self-conscious about their appearance and lost for options. However, if you tackle hair loss early you can hinder the process and even regrow some of the hair you lost in the progress. ” Is coconut oil good for receding hairline?” is a question that gets asked a lot and it can be helpful to know how coconut oil affects the scalp and whether or not it can remedy a receding hairline.
Why Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is a natural substance and natural remedies are becoming increasingly popular amongst the standard population. They tend to have no horrible side effects and can sometimes be as effective as medically proven methods like rogaine. Coconut oil is not just used for receding hairlines but it has also seen to be effective for many other conditions, particularly ones that are associated with the skin.
Coconut oil has many uses and is seen to be effective in preventing receding hairlines and re-growing hair. However, even though coconut oil is good for receding hairline it is important to use and apply it correctly.
Can Coconut Oil Help Receding Hairline?
Is coconut oil good for receding hairline? It appears so. With coconut oil being a natural substance it is perfectly fine to be used on your skin and hair and some people have claimed that it can drastically improve your receding hairline, keeping those luxurious locks you had when you were younger. Coconut oil has a number of receding hair preventing properties and most people are not aware that it can significantly improve your scalp.
- Naturally Occurring Fats – coconut oil has so many useful properties that help your hair and one of these include the fact that coconut oil contains a lot of healthy, naturally occurring fats. These fats are very important and often contain antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which help cleanse and nourish your scalp, clearing it of any nasty bacteria that may be progressing your hair loss.
- Lauric Acid – another big property that is contained within coconut oil is known as lauric acid which bonds with the hair follicles. This is a very important component that fuels coconut oil’s receding hairline preventing properties because the acid bonds with the proteins around the hair protecting it from any of the damage that it suffers from dihydrotestosterone.
- Better Penetration – Unlike standard oils, coconut oil is notoriously good at penetrating the scalp and the hair follicles which is why people will see some really fast results when they are using coconut oil as a way to remedy hair loss.
- Hydration – As an added bonus, coconut oil also has hydrating properties making an excellent alternative to conditioner if you want to keep your scalp healthy and watered. This is important and good to know considering that some hair products can actually have a negative effect on your hairline.
Another common cause of a receding hairline is blood circulation and there is a little bit of skepticism with this statement. However, there has been some scientific truth to it through research within the community and blood circulation does have an effect on receding hairlines.
This means that, with the application of coconut oil, you can massage your head and promote blood flow to the follicles, strengthening them in the process.
Does coconut oil stop receding hairline?
If you have been reading through the article you would, by now, have seen the reasons why coconut oil is an excellent way to stop your receding hairline and retain some of those lovely curls from your youth. It should be mentioned, however, that coconut oil has not necessary been proven to regrow hair that has already been lost. Coconut oil should be applied in the process of receding so you can help and maintain your head of hair well into you older ages.
This is why it is so important to accept that you’re receding at a younger age so you can combat it before it’s too late.
Applying Coconut Oil Correctly
So, coconut oil can stop a receding hairline, but only when you apply the oil correctly. If you start pouring coconut oil all over your head you may actually damage your hair and do more harm than good.
- Firstly, you should wet your hair with warm water – this will open up your pores allowing the oil to soak into the scalp a lot quicker.
- Pour some of the coconut oil into your hands and then rub it into your scalp for about 3 minutes. Don’t rub it in vigorously, do it gently.
- After that let it soak for a few hours and then wash it out. When you wash it out you should make sure you are using “non-shampoo”.
- Repeat this treatment every day and you will be able to prevent a receding hairline from turning into something a lot worse.
When people ask ” is coconut oil good for receding hairline? ” the answer will always be yes. Hair loss and receding hairlines are something that everyone may come across in their lifetime but the sooner you notice it the sooner you can act to make sure you don’t lose your full head of hair. Coconut oil is a great way to prevent a receding hairline and it has a number of hair healing properties. Natural remedies are becoming a common method to solve hair loss because of their natural properties.
They have little side effects and can sometimes be more effective than medical products. If I were you, I would give coconut oil a try – you may be pleasantly surprised.